Here is some important news for anyone who cares about their dental health: periodontal disease, or gum disease, is a primary cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is associated with heart disease. It is easy to treat if it is caught in the early stages, and an excellent reason to see the dentist at Falls Pointe Dental in Raleigh every six months.
What warning signs should you be looking for?
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- Your bite changes or your teeth suddenly donвЂ™t seem to fit together
- Gums that are loosening from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
Hopefully, you are not experiencing any of these things. If you are not removing plaque between your teeth, however, your gums are at risk. Brushing alone is not satisfactoryвЂ”make sure you floss daily.
Regular check-ups with your dentist is another vital weapon in the fight against gum disease.
At Falls Pointe Dental in Raleigh, we take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have a healthy and attractive smile. We offer general and cosmetic dentistry, and are equipped with advanced, state-of-the-art dental technology. Schedule an appointment with us today.